- 500g potatoes (such as desiree),
- peeled, chopped 425g can tuna in spring water, drained,
- flaked 1 red capsicum, finely chopped 6 spring onions,
- finely chopped 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 egg 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil 4 cups green salad,
- to serve 2 cups cooked rice,
- to serve lime wedges,
Dipping sauce 1/4 cup (60ml) salt-reduced soy sauce 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 2 teaspoons castor sugar 1 red chilli, deseeded, sliced - See more at:
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Mash roughly with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Step 2 Add tuna, capsicum, spring onions, coriander, lime zest and egg to pan. Mix well.
Step 3 Shape mixture into 12 patties. Place flour onto a large plate and lightly coat each patty.
Step 4 Brush a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a high heat. Cook patties in 3 batches for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden.
Step 5 To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve cakes with sauce, rice, salad and lime wedges.